55. When pouring wine for guests, follow culinary tradition: serve all of the women first.
56. As a general rule, when serving multiple bottles of wine, pour less costly bottles before expensive ones. (Price is the least accurate barometer of quality, but it's a place to start.)
57. Serve drier wines before sweeter wines.
58. Serve lighter-bodied wines before fuller-bodied wines.
59. Serve younger wines before older wines.
60. When a guest brings a bottle to dinner, let them decide whether it should be served that night or saved for another day.61. If a guest brings a bottle that doesn't match the cuisine, open it before dinner and serve it as an aperitif.